- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Gov. Nixon asks deer hunters to help feed the needy in Missouri
ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- Deer hunting season is upon us, and Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is asking hunters to help families in need.
Nixon was traveling to Columbia, Independence and St. Charles on Wednesday to speak at Bass Pro Shops and encourage deer hunters to donate venison to the Share the Harvest program.
Share the Harvest is a partnership of the Conservation Federation of Missouri, the Missouri Department of Conservation, food banks and pantries and meat processors.