- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MATTHEWS, Mo. -- Pink "Junior" Holman, 86, of Matthews died Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 1, 1926, in Lamar, Ark., to Pink William and Clara Alpha Grace Holman. He and Ruth Ruff were married Dec. 23, 1948, in Piggott, Ark.
Holman was a farmer with Calvin Farms, retiring in 1997. He was a member of Matthews Church of the Nazarene.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter and son-in-law, Beverly and Mike Murphy of Sikeston, Mo.; two sons and daughters-in-law, William and Ruth Holman of Jackson, Tim and Rita Holman of Miner, Mo.; a brother, Glen Holman of Morehouse, Mo.; a sister, Pauline Reynolds of St. Charles, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Steven Holman; two brothers; and a sister.
The funeral was held Wednesday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston, with the Revs. Preston Palmer and Don Heitman officiating. Burial was in Garden of Memories Cemetery.
Pallbearers were grandchildren, Kevin Holman, Shawn Murphy, Jason Holman, Steven Holman II, Tim Holman II and Aaron Murphy.
Honorary pallbearers were Stacey Holman, Tracey Burney, Dustin Holman, Daniel Holman, Joshua Holman and Tyler Holman.
Online condolences may be shared at www.nunneleefuneralchapel.com.