- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Build a seat of nails
Have you ever sat on a seat of nails? Adult supervision is recommended.
* 50 nails
STEP 1: Using the hammer, drive 50 nails evenly through the board approximately 1/4th of an inch from each other.
STEP 2: Place the seat of nails on a chair. Carefully sit on the seat of nails, distributing your weight onto each nail evenly.
When a person carefully sits on the seat of nails, evenly distributing their weight, each nail is only experiencing a small amount of their weight. That means the person sitting down on the seat of nails experiences no pain.
Jason Lindsey is a science outreach educator with Hooked on Science. Check out his website www.hookedonscience.org for webcasts and experiments.