- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Marching Tigers take top honors at Farmington fest
The Cape Central High School Marching Tigers paraded away from the Farmington Band Festival last week not only in first-place in its class division, but also with the highest score of the day. In addition, the Marching Tigers received awards for best music performance, best visual performance and best percussion performance.
"Our marching band's stellar performance continues a tradition of excellence that has enabled them to have won twenty-one first-place trophies over the past six years," said Dr. Mike Cowan, principal. The Marching Tigers Band is directed by Mr. Josh LaMar, Mr. Billy Keys and Mr. Michael Harrer. The Color Guard is coached by Mrs. Megan Peters.