No injuries in Tuesday night home fire

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded to a structure fire at around 9 p.m. Tuesday that confronted firefighters with moderate smoke and heat.

According to a spokesman for the fire department, the fire occurred at 58 Rivercrest Drive in the home's kitchen. The fire was around the stove area and is believed to have accidentally started on top of the stove. All four Cape Girardeau fire crews responded to the call and were able to quickly bring the fire under control. No injuries were reported.

Pertinent address:

58 Rivercrest Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo.

Map of pertinent addresses

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: