- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Southeast Missouri State soccer team loses Shulman for remainder of season
The Southeast Missouri State soccer team, which already has been hit with plenty of adversity, has suffered another blow.
Southeast coach Heather Nelson announced Tuesday that sophomore forward Erin Shulman will miss the rest of the season due to a knee injury that has sidelined her the past several weeks.
Shulman has missed Southeast's last five matches, her most recent appearance coming Sept. 8 at Nebraska. She scored one goal and had one assist in the Redhawks' first seven games.
Shulman had a big rookie season last year, tying for the team lead with nine goals. She was named Ohio Valley Conference freshman of the year and also made first-team all-OVC.
On a positive note for Southeast, senior defender Hayley Abbott was named the OVC co-defensive player of the week Tuesday.
Abbott played all 290 minutes in the Redhawks' three matches last week and helped hold the opposition to only two goals.
Abbott also chipped in offensively, netting a goal and an assist during Friday's 6-0 win over Murray State. She broke Southeast's career record for minutes played during Sunday's 1-0 loss to Austin Peay.
The Redhawks (2-7-3, 1-1-1 OVC) return to action Friday at SIU Edwardsville in a 7 p.m. conference contest.