- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
We're 34 days away from November's general election. Now is the time that voters, if they have not already, take a good look at the candidates -- particularly in the race for president.
Tonight is the first of four presidential and vice-presidential debates. President Obama and former governor Mitt Romney will debate domestic policy issues. The debate begins at 8 p.m.
Absentee voting has begun for those not able to vote on Election Day (Nov. 6). Absentee ballots may be cast at the county clerk offices, 44 N. Lorimier St. in Cape Girardeau or at 1 Barton Square, Suite 301, in Jackson, through Nov. 5.
Ballots may also be requested by mail. The clerk's office must receive requests by 5 p.m. Oct. 31. Ballots must be notarized and received by 7 p.m. on Election Day. Questions, call the county clerk's office at 243-3547.
Here are other important dates to note:
* Oct. 10: Deadline to register to vote.
* Oct. 11: Vice-presidential debate.
* Oct. 16: Presidential debate.
* Oct. 22: Presidential debate.
* Nov. 6: Election Day.
Voting is a serious issue and not something that should be taken for granted. And it's not only the presidential race we should be following. From local contests to state and congressional races, we hope you take time to study the candidates and issues and cast your ballot Nov. 6.