- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
WSIU to be temporarily off air Tuesday
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- WSIU-TV 8 and WUSI-TV 16, the public television stations of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, are scheduled to be off the air from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, the stations said in a news release.
A technical crew will be working to complete the installation of the stations' new generator backup system. The new system will power WSIU's TV master control and will allow the stations to remain on the air for up to three days in the event of a power outage. For service updates, visit wsiu.org or call 618-453-4343.