- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Marie J. Eftink, 89, of Oran passed away Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012, at the family home.
She was born April 18, 1923, in Randles, to W.J. and Wilhelmenia Brand Trankler. She and Paul J. Eftink were married Nov. 12, 1940. He preceded her in death Aug. 20, 1997.
Marie was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran and St. Ann Sodality.
Survivors include three sons, Eugene (Jerralee) Eftink, John (Claret) Eftink of Chaffee, Mo., Mark (Rebecca) Eftink of Oran; two daughters, Marilyn (Lanny) Koch of Chaffee, Carolyn (Jerome) Landewee of Oran; 20 grandchildren; and 37 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish rosary will be at 6 p.m., followed by Knights of Columbus prayers at 6:15 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Guardian Angel Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop as celebrant. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family would like memorials made to Guardian Angel Catholic School in Oran or St. Ambrose Catholic School in Chaffee.