- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Beulah Marie Beussink, 82, of Jackson passed away Monday, Oct. 1, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 9, 1930, in Leopold, Mo., daughter of Edward and Josephine B. Vandeven Holzum. She and Gilbert H. Beussink were married July 5, 1952. He passed away July 21, 2006.
Beulah was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson, St. Ann's Sodality and American Legion Ladies Auxiliary in Jackson. She was an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan and a wonderful mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend. She loved her family and held her nieces and nephews close to her heart.
Loving survivors include a son, Keith "Butch" Beussink of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Sandy (Steve) Mize of Jackson; three sisters, Edna (Lewis) Rubin of O'Fallon, Ill., Corrinne Tenholder of Waterloo, Ill., Carol Counts of Marble Hill, Mo.; a brother, Kenny (Diane) Holzum of Glenallen, Mo.; six grandchildren, Brett (Jamie) Wise, Dana (Matt) Reno, Daron (Jennifer) Wilkinson, Heather (Tyler) Thompson, Jessica (David) Boyd, Garrett Mize; eight great-grandchildren, Collin, Dakota, Canyon, Bristol, Cohen, Gracen, Ava, Coy, and one expected soon.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by two brothers, Vernon and Herbert Holzum; and a sister, Grace Volpert.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m., followed by the rosary.
The funeral Mass will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Immaculate Conception Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the Beulah Beussink family.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.