- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rebecca Sue Smith, 55, of Foley, Mo., died Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, at Mercy Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born May 20, 1957, in Cape Girardeau, to Otis Albert and Carrie O'Daniel Phillips. She and Ervin Dean Smith were married Sept. 24, 2005, in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband of Foley; two sons, James and Brandon Franklin of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Larry Phillips (Wilma) of Maryville, Ill., David L. Phillips of Arkansas; two sisters, Shirley June Blythe of Denver, Connie Louden of Texas; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from noon to service time Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Advance, Mo.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.