- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Tax credits to help Jackson children's shelter
New Vision Youth and Family Services in Jackson has been approved for $92,491 in state tax credits, the Missouri Department of Economic Development announced Monday. New Vision will use donations to increase the number of children served at its Hope Children's Home, an emergency shelter for children. The funds are part of the Neighborhood Assistance Program that helps not-for-profit organizations raise private-sector funds by state tax credits to businesses that make contributions to community improvement projects.
709 E. Main St., Jackson, Mo.