- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Speak Out 10/2/12
My wife and I were at Trail of Tears State Park at the river overlook. While I was there I dropped a special walking cane that I got from my daughter several years ago. There was a family there with four teenage girls. They went racing up the walkway then down the hillside to retrieve the cane for me at the bottom of the overlook by the railroad tracks. I want to say thank you to the girls, and we do have some wonderful teens in this area. Thank you.
Take care of us
I am so disgusted with our federal government. They cut the military, yet we send all these dollars to countries overseas that are bombing our embassies. One of these days somebody is going to take us over because our government doesn't have enough sense to take care of us first.
If the politicians are for helping the people out like they say they are, why don't they stop all these utilities places from raising their prices and gouging people? Why don't they stop these banks from taking people's houses away and make them work out a payment plan to keep them in their homes? Keep doctors and drug companies and hospitals from raising their prices so high no one can afford it? Think back to all the coal factories, shoe factories, industrial factories; bring our servicemen back home, build up our military back home.
In a serious mode, I think Greek mythology and foreign languages should be banned from all crossword puzzles. Thank you.