- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Constitution Day support
On behalf of Alma Schrader Elementary School, I would like to express my appreciation of the Southeast Missourian's coverage of the 2012 Constitution Day and Heroes Recognition Assembly. I would like to especially recognize photographer Adam Vogler for the pictures he took capturing the several special moments of this assembly.
We also appreciate the participation of: VFW Post 3838; the Living History Re-enactors; Mayor Harry Rediger; Mr. Jerry Ford; former mayor Jay Knudtson and his wife, Cindy Knudtson; members of the Cape Girardeau School Board; members of the Nancy Hunter Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution; members of the Allan Laws Oliver Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution; members of the Society of Descendants of Washington's Army at Valley Forge; members of our business partner, Bethany Baptist Church; and members of our CharacterPlus Initiative sponsor, the Kiwanis. Of course, we could not host this event without the support of our Alma Schrader PTO or Central Office Administration, including the technology department.
Alma Schrader is privileged to honor our community's veterans, armed forces personnel and emergency service workers. The faculty, staff and students are proud of our country's heritage and the ongoing efforts taken to uphold the precepts of our Constitution. Thank you to all for your attendance which helped to make this another memorable event in our school year.
RUTH ANN ORR, principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau