- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Constitution Day support
On behalf of Alma Schrader Elementary School, I would like to express my appreciation of the Southeast Missourian's coverage of the 2012 Constitution Day and Heroes Recognition Assembly. I would like to especially recognize photographer Adam Vogler for the pictures he took capturing the several special moments of this assembly.
We also appreciate the participation of: VFW Post 3838; the Living History Re-enactors; Mayor Harry Rediger; Mr. Jerry Ford; former mayor Jay Knudtson and his wife, Cindy Knudtson; members of the Cape Girardeau School Board; members of the Nancy Hunter Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution; members of the Allan Laws Oliver Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution; members of the Society of Descendants of Washington's Army at Valley Forge; members of our business partner, Bethany Baptist Church; and members of our CharacterPlus Initiative sponsor, the Kiwanis. Of course, we could not host this event without the support of our Alma Schrader PTO or Central Office Administration, including the technology department.
Alma Schrader is privileged to honor our community's veterans, armed forces personnel and emergency service workers. The faculty, staff and students are proud of our country's heritage and the ongoing efforts taken to uphold the precepts of our Constitution. Thank you to all for your attendance which helped to make this another memorable event in our school year.
RUTH ANN ORR, principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau