- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Constitution Day support
On behalf of Alma Schrader Elementary School, I would like to express my appreciation of the Southeast Missourian's coverage of the 2012 Constitution Day and Heroes Recognition Assembly. I would like to especially recognize photographer Adam Vogler for the pictures he took capturing the several special moments of this assembly.
We also appreciate the participation of: VFW Post 3838; the Living History Re-enactors; Mayor Harry Rediger; Mr. Jerry Ford; former mayor Jay Knudtson and his wife, Cindy Knudtson; members of the Cape Girardeau School Board; members of the Nancy Hunter Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution; members of the Allan Laws Oliver Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution; members of the Society of Descendants of Washington's Army at Valley Forge; members of our business partner, Bethany Baptist Church; and members of our CharacterPlus Initiative sponsor, the Kiwanis. Of course, we could not host this event without the support of our Alma Schrader PTO or Central Office Administration, including the technology department.
Alma Schrader is privileged to honor our community's veterans, armed forces personnel and emergency service workers. The faculty, staff and students are proud of our country's heritage and the ongoing efforts taken to uphold the precepts of our Constitution. Thank you to all for your attendance which helped to make this another memorable event in our school year.
RUTH ANN ORR, principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau