- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
Constitution Day support
On behalf of Alma Schrader Elementary School, I would like to express my appreciation of the Southeast Missourian's coverage of the 2012 Constitution Day and Heroes Recognition Assembly. I would like to especially recognize photographer Adam Vogler for the pictures he took capturing the several special moments of this assembly.
We also appreciate the participation of: VFW Post 3838; the Living History Re-enactors; Mayor Harry Rediger; Mr. Jerry Ford; former mayor Jay Knudtson and his wife, Cindy Knudtson; members of the Cape Girardeau School Board; members of the Nancy Hunter Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution; members of the Allan Laws Oliver Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution; members of the Society of Descendants of Washington's Army at Valley Forge; members of our business partner, Bethany Baptist Church; and members of our CharacterPlus Initiative sponsor, the Kiwanis. Of course, we could not host this event without the support of our Alma Schrader PTO or Central Office Administration, including the technology department.
Alma Schrader is privileged to honor our community's veterans, armed forces personnel and emergency service workers. The faculty, staff and students are proud of our country's heritage and the ongoing efforts taken to uphold the precepts of our Constitution. Thank you to all for your attendance which helped to make this another memorable event in our school year.
RUTH ANN ORR, principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau