- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape woman cited after hitting utility pole
A Cape Girardeau woman was cited by police after the vehicle she was driving hit a utility pole Sunday morning, police said.
Amber S. Pruitt was cited for failing to maintain a single lane while she was driving on Sprigg Street near Independence Street, Cape Girardeau police said. She later told police she lost control of the vehicle. No one was injured in the one-car accident, though police did have to divert traffic as Ameren Missouri repaired the pole.