- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the Move 10/1/12
Area hospital leaders meet with legislators
Representatives from Missouri's hospitals traveled to Washington, D.C., to meet with members of Missouri's congressional delegation. Hospital leaders representing the area included Robert E. Garrison and Freddie A. Leroux of Ripley County Memorial Hospital in Doniphan, Mo.; and Patrick E. Carron and Timothy E. Brewer of Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Mo. Hospital leaders discussed the need for federal spending stability, payment-related administration and hospital and health care access in rural Missouri.
Concepts Salon in Cape promotes two to educator
Concepts Salon in Cape Girardeau has promoted Amanda Abner and Jessica Haws to Concepts Salon educators. Abner and Haws recently completed the Bumble and Bumble University network educator program in New York City. Concepts hosts monthly training courses to improve the salon team's technical education.
Saint Francis Medical Center adds cardiologist
Joseph C. Dwyer joined Saint Francis Medical Center's Cape Cardiologist Group. Dwyer has more than 35 years of cardiology experience, with special interests in noninvasive cardiology and echocardiography. He will also treat patients at outreach clinics.
Cape Girardeau dentist wins Golden Apple Award
Ross Bennett of Bennett Family Dentistry in Cape Girardeau was awarded the National Golden Apple Award for new dentist legislative leadership. Bennett was presented the award in Washington, D.C., on June 24 by Dr. Matt Niewald of the American Dental Association. Bennett Family Dentistry is at 1200 N. Cape Rock Drive in Cape Girardeau.
SoutheastHEALTH names new cancer center director
SoutheastHEALTH has name Kevin Rush new director of the cancer center. Rush was recently interim director of cancer services for Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital. Rush "is a great communicator and team builder, which will serve us well as we reach out into communities with our cancer program," said Judy Aslin, the outgoing director.
Two earn certification in short sales
Wanda Duncan and Jan McClanahan of Realty Executives of Cape Girardeau County have earned certification for short sales and foreclosures by the National Association of Realtors. Their certification allows Duncan and McClanahan to help buyers and sellers navigate short sale and foreclosure transactions.
Galati inducted into surgeons' group
Dr. Vincenzo Galati of Cape Girardeau Urology Associates will be inducted into the American College of Surgeons today at the American College of Surgeons Annual Clinical Congress in Chicago.
-- From staff reports