- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Preliminary hearing set for Kennett woman accused of abandoning corpse
KENNETT, Mo. -- A Kennett woman charged with abandoning a corpse appeared in court last week, with another appearance being scheduled for early November.
Lisa McCormick, 43, has been scheduled to appear before a judge at 1 p.m. Nov. 9 for her preliminary hearing.
McCormick was arrested Sept. 22 after Autumn Medley, 20, of Kennett was found dead the day before on County Road 322, near Gibson, Mo.
McCormick was charged with felony abandonment of a corpse. She posted a surety bond of $25,000 on Tuesday and appeared in court Friday.
The Dunklin County Major Case Squad was activated to investigate the case, and that investigation continues.
DunklinCounty Coroner James Powell is awaiting results of a toxicology report.