- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Red Devils snap skid by beating East Prairie
The Chaffee football team had little trouble snapping its four-game losing streak.
Chaffee rolled past visiting East Prairie 35-8 on Friday night. The Red Devils improved to 2-4 while dropping the Eagles to 0-6.
Sophomore quarterback Peyton Montgomery completed 10 of 15 passes for 159 yards and a touchdown.
Jimmy Golden gained 91 yards rushing on 12 carries and scored a touchdown. Charlie Montgomery rushed for 76 yards on 15 attempts and scored two touchdowns.
Layton Tenkhoff also had an 80-yard touchdown.
St. Vincent 28, Crystal City 14
St. Vincent earned its third win of the season, rallying past visiting Crystal City.
Junior running back Alex Winkler ran for 99 yards on 17 attempts and rushed for two touchdowns for the Indians (3-3), who trailed at halftime before outscoring Crystal City (1-5) 21-0 in the third quarter.
Winkler scored St. Vincent's first touchdown on an 11-yard run in the first quarter. He added a 1-yard touchdown in the third quarter.
Senior quarterback Trent Elder ran for a 1-yard touchdown and passed to Trenton Gremaud for a 27-yard score in the decisive third quarter.
Elder completed eight of his 14 passes in the game for 154 yards. He also rushed 11 times for 84 yards.
Vince King and Gremaud both had four tackles for St. Vincent.
Haley Kennison had four kills and three assists in the road victory.
Aimie Simmers had five kills, Liza Gray had two kills, while Hannah Clark had three aces to help the Hornets improve to 17-3.
JV -- Advance won 25-16, 25-15
Jackson 1, Parkway South 0
Keagan Cavanah scored Jackson's only goal from about 18 yards out at the top of the box in the second half.
Goalkeeper Ben Johnston had four saves in the home victory as the Indians improved to 4-6.
Saxony Lutheran 7, Delta 0
Natalie Schlimpert threw a two-hit gem to lead the Crusaders to a home victory.
Grace Mirly had four RBIs and Logan Meyr went 2 for 2 with four stolen bases.
Mirly and Ashley Steck both had two hits, including doubles, for the Crusaders (8-11). Steck stole two bases.
WP -- Natalie Schlimpert. LP -- Ciara Coomer. 2B -- Ashley Steck (S), Grace Mirly (S). Multiple Hits -- Saxony: Grace Mirly 2-4, Logan Meyr 2-2, Ashley Steck 2-2. Records -- Saxony 8-11.
-- From staff reports