- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Speak Out 9/30/12
Vote the person
I wish people would vote for the person they think would do the best job rather than the political party or race.
Another drinker of the Obama Kool-Aid wrote in to tell us how wonderfully successful Obamanomics has been and how it has overshadowed Reaganomics. If that's the case, then how do you account for this being the slowest economic recovery in U.S. history? Oh, I know, the recession is bigger and deeper than anyone realized, right? So, because Obama wasn't smart enough to figure out the depth of the recession, we are supposed to give him a pass and give him four more years in office to fumble around and completely destroy our economy?
Anyone in politics can write words on a paper and call it legislation. It takes experience to understand the hurtful ramifications to humans and American citizens and our seniors and military.
This is a comment about the scooters in town. It's horrible that there have been accidents and people have been getting hurt. One thing would help. I was pulling out from a local store and a young man on a scooter had blinkers on the scooter, and I didn't know if he was going straight or what. He almost ran into one car, and when it was my turn, I didn't know which way he was going and he turned right in front of me. It would be helpful if scooters would obey the law and use their blinkers so other cars and motorists know what they're doing.
I'm reading about the man who remains in critical condition after the motorcycle accident. People have no respect for motorcycles. They want them to ride on the sidewalk. I rode motorcycles, and I tell you they need to have more rights.
The Clintons' rhetoric
I see Hillary is following in Bill's footsteps. When he was president and we had seven terrorist attacks against us, every time he would say that those responsible would be hunted down and punished. Not a thing happened! Now Hillary is saying the same thing about the recent attack against us. Bet nothing happens this time either! I don't feel safe anymore. Wish we had W. back!