- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Speak Out 9/30/12
Vote the person
I wish people would vote for the person they think would do the best job rather than the political party or race.
Another drinker of the Obama Kool-Aid wrote in to tell us how wonderfully successful Obamanomics has been and how it has overshadowed Reaganomics. If that's the case, then how do you account for this being the slowest economic recovery in U.S. history? Oh, I know, the recession is bigger and deeper than anyone realized, right? So, because Obama wasn't smart enough to figure out the depth of the recession, we are supposed to give him a pass and give him four more years in office to fumble around and completely destroy our economy?
Anyone in politics can write words on a paper and call it legislation. It takes experience to understand the hurtful ramifications to humans and American citizens and our seniors and military.
This is a comment about the scooters in town. It's horrible that there have been accidents and people have been getting hurt. One thing would help. I was pulling out from a local store and a young man on a scooter had blinkers on the scooter, and I didn't know if he was going straight or what. He almost ran into one car, and when it was my turn, I didn't know which way he was going and he turned right in front of me. It would be helpful if scooters would obey the law and use their blinkers so other cars and motorists know what they're doing.
I'm reading about the man who remains in critical condition after the motorcycle accident. People have no respect for motorcycles. They want them to ride on the sidewalk. I rode motorcycles, and I tell you they need to have more rights.
The Clintons' rhetoric
I see Hillary is following in Bill's footsteps. When he was president and we had seven terrorist attacks against us, every time he would say that those responsible would be hunted down and punished. Not a thing happened! Now Hillary is saying the same thing about the recent attack against us. Bet nothing happens this time either! I don't feel safe anymore. Wish we had W. back!