- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Ninth Annual Multi-Co. Women's Health Conference
The Power of Positive Thinking
Conference Facilitator: Dr. Maude Harris
Date: Friday, October 19, 2012
Time: 8:00 a.m. until 3.30 p.m.
Location: Tanner Street Church of God, 619 Tanner St. in Sikeston, MO
Free admission ~ Continental breakfast~ Lunch is provided at no cost ~ Special speakers ~ Breakout sessions ~ Lots of booths to visit & Door prizes
Keynote Speaker -- Lynn Chambers-Ketchens
"Being the CEO of Me! -- Designing a Life of Purpose"
Morning Breakout Sessions
10:00 a.m. & repeated at 11:00 a.m.
1)Pain Management -- Dr. Greg Pursley
2)Money Saving Tips & The Importance of Creating a Family Budget -- S. Don Ray
3)Who Gets Grandma's Pie Plate? -- Phyllis Flanigan
4)Mind Your Own Business -- Twan Robinson
5)A Year in the Interest of the Garden -- Sarah Denkler
6)Keeping Women Healthy: The Missouri WISEWOMAN Program - Lisa Britt
7)Reflexology -- Angela Jines
8)Insomnia: Does Counting Sheep Mean Sleepless Nights? -- Regina Johnson-Williams
9)What's New in Women's Health Care? -- Kathy Blevins
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
1:00 p.m. & repeated at 2 p.m.
1)Companion Animal Care -- Jeff Shively, D.V.M.
2)Day Trip Planner (Mini Vacation) --Carolyn Kempf
3)Extreme Couponing -- Melissa Stevens
4)Creative Scrapbooking -- Sandie Layton
5)Creating Community Gardens -- Darin Gant, Warren Cork, & Oreal Pitts
6)Creating a Stress-Free Liftstyle -- Connie Enderle
7)Welcome to Jennifer's Salon -- Jennifer Chance
8)Yoga for Everyone -- Tina Ahlfield
9)Women's Self Defense -- Dr. Richard Layton, Det. Sgt. Branden E. Caid & Sheriff Rick Walter
Just call us at (573) 545-3516 to register to come!
Sponsored by Scott County University of Missouri Extension
& the Missouri Dept.of Health & Senior Services, & Missouri Office of Minority Health