- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Legrand - Kerns
Megan Elizabeth LeGrand and Gene Gould Kerns were married April 28, 2012, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. The Rev. John Harth performed the ceremony. Organist was Geri Beussink of Jackson. Soloists were Ashley Rapisardo of Jackson and Jimmy Simmons of Benton, Mo.
The bride is the daughter of Nancy and Bill Williams of Jackson and Donnie and Gera LeGrand of Benton. The groom is the son of Rose and Bob Couch of Jackson and Vic and Sherry Kerns of Annapolis, Md.
Matron of honor was Cara Dirnberger of Oran, Mo., cousin of the bride. Bridesmaids were Heather Kluesner of Jackson; Jennifer Morrison of Jackson and Tracey Porzelt of Marble Hill, Mo., sisters of the groom; Pam Johnson of Jackson; Jessica Worth of Benton, cousin of the bride; and Heather Kerns of Jackson, sister-in-law of the groom.
Ray Kerns of Jackson was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were James Kerns of New Baden, Ill., brother of the groom; Jimmy Perdue of Madison, Ala.; Ryan Sides and Darin Johnson of Jackson; Dustin LeGrand of Aurora, Colo., brother of the bride; and Justin Seabaugh of Jackson. Ushers were Kenny and Kevin Kerns of Imperial, Mo., cousins of the groom.
Candlelighters were Andrew and Nicholas LeGrand of Benton, brothers of the bride.
Flower girl was Mackenzie Kerns, daughter of Ray and Heather Kerns and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Landon Kerns, son of James Kerns and nephew of the groom.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's mother and stepfather hosted the rehearsal dinner April 27 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Kerns is a 2005 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. She is a 2009 graduate of the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center certified nurse assistant program. She is a certified nurse assistant at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 2003 graduate of Bob Jones High School in Madison. He is a full-time firefighter with Jackson Fire and Rescue in Jackson, and volunteer firefighter with Fruitland Fire Department.
A wedding trip to Gulf Shores, Ala., is planned on their first anniversary.
The couple is residing in Jackson.