- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Jack Allan Whitlock, 63, of Chaffee passed away Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2012, at his home.
He was born Dec. 2, 1948, in Philadelphia, Pa., son of Robert C. and June Neumann Whitlock. He and Naomi Wicker were married Jan. 16, 1970.
Jack received his high school diploma from Kenwood High in Maryland.
He served in the U.S. Army from March 25, 1966, until being honorably discharged March 24, 1969.
Jack enjoyed working in the yard and knew how to have a good time. He loved his kids, grandkids and family.
Loving survivors include his wife of 42 years; two sons, Robert (Jewel) Whitlock of Chaffee, Paul Whitlock of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and twin sons, Brad and Jeff.
A private committal service with full military honors will be held at a later date at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield.
McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the family.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.