- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Roy Edwin Petzoldt, 70, of Jackson passed away Monday, Sept. 24, 2012, at his home.
He was born June 22, 1942, in Altenburg, Mo., son of Russell and Aleida Hemmann Petzoldt. He and Mary E. Brown were married Feb. 6, 1960.
Roy attended Immanuel Lutheran School at New Wells. He enjoyed playing the guitar at local nursing homes and churches and was willing to help anyone any way he could.
Loving survivors include his wife of 52 years; four children, Victoria Oberg of Marble Hill, Mo., Darell (Patti) Petzoldt of Lemont, Ill., Melissa (Joe) Johnson of Murphysboro, Ill., Craig Petzoldt of Jackson; three brothers, Elmer Petzoldt of Perryville, Mo., Royal Petzoldt of Oak Ridge, Bobby Petzoldt of Scopus, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until service time Saturday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating. Interment will be in New Bethel Baptist Cemetery near Pocahontas.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to the family.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.