- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Joseph H. LeGrand, 64, of St. Louis went home to be with our heavenly Father on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012.
He was born Nov. 25, 1947, to Clarence and Alma LeGrand of Chaffee.
LeGrand was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
He was the loving brother of Mary Ann (Bill) Jones, Germaine (Monroe) LeGrand, LaVern (Bernard) Kiefer, Helen (Mike) Harris, and Doug (LeAnn) LeGrand; and loving uncle to many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. He was a cherished friend to many and best friend of Lou Smith.
In addition to his parents; a sister, Rita Mayfield; two infant sisters and a nephew, preceded him in death.
Our loving brother was admired for his generosity. To that end, he unselfishly donated his body to St. Louis University School of Medicine.
A memorial Mass will be celebrated at a future date.