- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Neal E. Boyd receives Right to Life endorsement
Sikeston, Mo. -- State representative District 149 candidate Neal E. Boyd, R-Sikeston, is pleased to announce that he has received the endorsement of Missouri Right to Life, the oldest and largest pro-life group in Missouri. The group works to pass legislation protecting the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death.
"I'm very happy to get this important endorsement," Boyd said. "Missouri Right to Life is a strong advocate for the lives of unborn children, and they hold many of the same values as the citizens of the 149th District. This endorsement shows that I'm the best candidate to represent those values in the Missouri House."
Boyd received the endorsement after his opponent voted against overriding the governor's veto of SB 749, a bill protecting unborn children and the religious freedom of consumers in the health insurance market. Missouri Right to Life pulled its endorsement of Boyd's opponent, Rep. Steve Hodges, after the vote.
Boyd said that the vote was indicative of putting the Democrat Party's interest ahead of the values and interests of the district.
"I will always vote to protect life over the interest of my political party," Boyd said. "It is a matter of principle. As your state representative, I will always stand for the values of my district."
Boyd is running to represent the 149th District in the general election on Nov. 6.
NEAL E. BOYD
Paid for by Friends of Neal E. Boyd, John McMillen, Treasurer, P.O. Box 687, Sikeston, MO 63801