- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Margaret A. Hudgings Barnes, 70, of Jackson died Monday, Sept. 24, 2012, at her home.
She was born Oct. 10, 1941, in Cape Girardeau, to Clay T. and Dorothy Schlue Hudgings Jr.
Margaret attended Jefferson High School in Lafayette, Ind., and was a graduate of Logansport High School in Logansport, Ind. She enjoyed reading and being with family.
Survivors include a daughter, Polly A. Barnes of Glendale, Ariz.; two sons, John E. Barnes III of Chicago, Clay T. Barnes of Indianapolis; a brother, Clay T. Hudgings III of Mount Holly, Vt.; a sister, Susan Bromley of Orange, Texas; an aunt, Virginia Dolly Schlue of Cape Girardeau; several cousins, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Jeanne Jenkins.
A graveside service will be at 1 p.m. today at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Memorial contributions may be given to the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, 309 W. Washington, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60606-3200.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.