- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)20
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
The late Rush H. Limbaugh Sr. was an impressive individual. The longtime lawyer, who was born in Bollinger County and for whom the federal courthouse in Cape Girardeau is named, practiced law until his death at age 104. He was a member of the Missouri House of Representatives for one term, served as president of the Missouri Bar, and was appointed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1957 as a goodwill ambassador to India.
A new book written by Dennis Boman, an attorney formerly of the Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Law at St. Louis University Law School, highlights Limbaugh's life. The book is titled "The Original Rush Limbaugh: Lawyer, Legislator and Civil Libertarian."
Bowman is in town today, which would have been Limbaugh's 121st birthday, to sign copies of the book. A book signing is being held from 5 to 8 p.m. at Barnes and Noble in Cape Girardeau.
Judge Stephen Limbaugh, one of Limbaugh Sr.'s grandsons, endorsed the book. "It came as a surprise when Dennis approached us about a biography, but I can speak for the whole family when I say that we're happy with his work. He's a fine fellow," Stephen Limbaugh said in the Southeast Missourian's story about the book.
This is not the first book written about Limbaugh. "Rush Hudson Limbaugh and His Times: Reflections on a Life Well Lived" came out several years ago. Interviewed by George G. Suggs Jr., the book includes four interviews with Limbaugh as well as a biographical sketch written by Limbaugh Sr.'s son, Stephen N. Limbaugh Sr.
Rush H. Limbaugh Sr. lived a full life. These books give readers a look at the man who accomplished much during his 104 years and who left a legacy that will be remembered for many more.