- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Cape County Tea Party Supports Todd Akin
The Cape County Tea Party Board of Directors approved the following resolution in support of Todd Akin and his Candidacy for U.S. Senate:
Whereas, the Republican Voters of the great State of Missouri have made their voices known during the Republican Primary that Congressman Todd Akin should be their 2012 candidate for U.S. Senator this November; and
Whereas, Congressman Akin has been quick to make a sincere apology and seek forgiveness for what have been deemed as inaccurate remarks; and
Whereas, Todd Akin voted against the Wall Street Bailouts, against the No Child Left Behind Act, to end Davis-Bacon requirements, against the Budget Control Act to increase debt by $2.4 Trillion, and has proposed a Constitutional amendment to limit Federal spending; and
Whereas, the People of Missouri stand against Washington and Missouri elite party bosses who would dictate to the People of Missouri whom they should elect; and
Whereas, the People of Missouri wish to ensure the integrity of the election process and protect it from corrupt outside influence; and
Be It Resolved, the Board of Directors of the Cape County Tea Party offer our most sincere thanks for Congressman Akin's conservative voting record and believe him to be the best candidate to represent their interests in the U.S. Senate.
Be It Further Resolved, the Board of Directors of the Cape County Tea Party wishes for Todd Akin to remain in the Senate race and win this November Election, and we call upon all Republicans to support him in this endeavor.
Motion to approve this resolution carried by a Nine to Zero vote.