- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ORAN, Mo. -- Benny J. Evans, 71, of Oran passed away Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012, at the family home.
He was born May 2, 1941, in Morley, Mo., to the late Ralph Samuel and Geraldine Fowler Evans. He and Diane Hanna were married Aug. 17, 1959.
Benny was mayor of Oran from 1976 to 1978. He was a retired self-employed truck driver and owner of a furniture store in Oran. He was a member of Trinity Gospel Church in Sikeston, Mo.
Survivors include his wife, Diane Evans of the home; two sons, Tracy (Cindy) Evans of Oran, Ethan (Beth) Evans of Jackson; a daughter, Lori (Keith) Chapman of Oran; two brothers, Don (Irene) Evans and Ed Evans of Oran; a sister, Linda (Spencer) Taylor of Benton, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Len Myers officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley.