- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
In federal court: Dunklin County couple sentenced on drug trafficking charges
The U.S. attorney's office released the following information Tuesday for defendants who appeared before U.S. District Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr.
Name: Hinton Gilmer Jr. and Jo Devon Maxwell
Residence: Dunklin County, Mo.
Age: Glimmer, 61; Maxwell, 32
Sentence: 10 years
Summary: Gilmer and Maxwell were sentenced on one felony count of conspiracy to distribute 280 grams or more of cocaine base. Gilmer and Maxwell conspired with others to distribute cocaine base from June 16, 2010, through May 3, 2011, in Dunklin County, Mo., and elsewhere in Southeast Missouri. On some occasions, Maxwell delivered cocaine base to Gilmer and collected payment from Gilmer to give to their supplier.