- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Woman arrested in connection with body found at Gibson
GIBSON, Mo. -- A local woman was arrested Saturday in connection with a body found lying in the roadway at Gibson on Friday.
According to the Dunklin County Sheriff's Department, Lisa McCormick, 43, of Kennett, Mo., was arrested on a $25,000 bond and is being charged with felony abandonment of a corpse. She was later released after posting surety bond. She was scheduled for a court appearance Tuesday.
Authorities said the body of Autumn Rain Medley, 20, of Kennett was found lying on County Road 322 near Gibson after they received a 911 asking for medical assistance.
Medical assistance arrived at the scene and determined that Medley was dead.
The Dunklin County Major Case Squad was activated to investigate the case. Investigating agencies include the Dunklin County Sheriff's Department, the Missouri State Highway Patrol Division of Drug and Crime Control, the Kennett Police Department, the Maiden Police Department, the Holcomb Police Department and the Dunklin County prosecutor's office.
Dunklin County Coroner James Powell was contacted to perform an autopsy and determine the cause of death. Medley's death continues to be under investigation.