- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
There's a unique opportunity to play golf in downtown Cape Girardeau this weekend. The First-Ever Seventh Annual Louis J. Lorimier Memorial World-Famous Downtown Golf Tournament and All-You-Can-Eat Catfish Buffet begins at 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Registration at the Common Pleas Courthouse begins at 1 p.m.
The annual tournament is played using BirdieBalls, which have a limited range. New to this year's event is a "History at the Hole." Volunteers from Southeast Missouri State's Historic Preservation Club will be at each hole, telling participants a brief nugget of local history.
Registration through tomorrow is $25. This price includes a round of golf, dinner at Port Cape Girardeau following the tournament and a T-shirt, available to the first 100 participants. Registration is $30 after Sept. 26 and continues through the day of the tournament as space allows. Tournament proceeds benefit the Red House Interpretive Center.
Registration forms have appeared in the Southeast Missourian and are also available online at www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/parks. For more information, call the Parks and Recreation office at 339-6340.
This is a neat tournament which has drawn dozens of participants in recent years. And the cause it supports is a good one. We hope you consider participating.