- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
There's a unique opportunity to play golf in downtown Cape Girardeau this weekend. The First-Ever Seventh Annual Louis J. Lorimier Memorial World-Famous Downtown Golf Tournament and All-You-Can-Eat Catfish Buffet begins at 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Registration at the Common Pleas Courthouse begins at 1 p.m.
The annual tournament is played using BirdieBalls, which have a limited range. New to this year's event is a "History at the Hole." Volunteers from Southeast Missouri State's Historic Preservation Club will be at each hole, telling participants a brief nugget of local history.
Registration through tomorrow is $25. This price includes a round of golf, dinner at Port Cape Girardeau following the tournament and a T-shirt, available to the first 100 participants. Registration is $30 after Sept. 26 and continues through the day of the tournament as space allows. Tournament proceeds benefit the Red House Interpretive Center.
Registration forms have appeared in the Southeast Missourian and are also available online at www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/parks. For more information, call the Parks and Recreation office at 339-6340.
This is a neat tournament which has drawn dozens of participants in recent years. And the cause it supports is a good one. We hope you consider participating.