- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
There's a unique opportunity to play golf in downtown Cape Girardeau this weekend. The First-Ever Seventh Annual Louis J. Lorimier Memorial World-Famous Downtown Golf Tournament and All-You-Can-Eat Catfish Buffet begins at 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Registration at the Common Pleas Courthouse begins at 1 p.m.
The annual tournament is played using BirdieBalls, which have a limited range. New to this year's event is a "History at the Hole." Volunteers from Southeast Missouri State's Historic Preservation Club will be at each hole, telling participants a brief nugget of local history.
Registration through tomorrow is $25. This price includes a round of golf, dinner at Port Cape Girardeau following the tournament and a T-shirt, available to the first 100 participants. Registration is $30 after Sept. 26 and continues through the day of the tournament as space allows. Tournament proceeds benefit the Red House Interpretive Center.
Registration forms have appeared in the Southeast Missourian and are also available online at www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/parks. For more information, call the Parks and Recreation office at 339-6340.
This is a neat tournament which has drawn dozens of participants in recent years. And the cause it supports is a good one. We hope you consider participating.