- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Southeast Missouri State kicker honored by OVC in weekly football awards
Southeast Missouri State senior kicker Drew Geldbach played a key role in Saturday's thrilling 41-38 double-overtime win over Tennessee Tech.
Geldbach was recognized for his clutch performance Sunday by being named the Ohio Valley Conference co-specialist of the week.
Geldbach's 39-yard field goal with 3 minutes, 58 seconds left in the fourth quarter pulled host Southeast into a 31-31 tie.
After both teams scored touchdowns in the first overtime, Southeast won its OVC opener when Geldbach booted a 34-yard field goal and Tech missed from the same distance.
Geldbach also was perfect on 5 of 5 extra points.
Geldbach, in his third season as Southeast's kicker, leads the OVC and ranks sixth nationally in field goals (1.75 per game). He has made 7 of 8 for 87.5 percent and converted all 13 of his extra-point attempts.
Southeast (2-2) plays at Jacksonville State in a 3 p.m. kickoff Saturday.
Southeast's OVC soccer opener against visiting Tennessee-Martin that was canceled Friday night will be made up Tuesday.
The game between defending OVC regular-season champion Southeast and defending OVC tournament champion UTM will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Houck Stadium.
-- From staff reports