- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast Missouri State kicker honored by OVC in weekly football awards
Southeast Missouri State senior kicker Drew Geldbach played a key role in Saturday's thrilling 41-38 double-overtime win over Tennessee Tech.
Geldbach was recognized for his clutch performance Sunday by being named the Ohio Valley Conference co-specialist of the week.
Geldbach's 39-yard field goal with 3 minutes, 58 seconds left in the fourth quarter pulled host Southeast into a 31-31 tie.
After both teams scored touchdowns in the first overtime, Southeast won its OVC opener when Geldbach booted a 34-yard field goal and Tech missed from the same distance.
Geldbach also was perfect on 5 of 5 extra points.
Geldbach, in his third season as Southeast's kicker, leads the OVC and ranks sixth nationally in field goals (1.75 per game). He has made 7 of 8 for 87.5 percent and converted all 13 of his extra-point attempts.
Southeast (2-2) plays at Jacksonville State in a 3 p.m. kickoff Saturday.
Southeast's OVC soccer opener against visiting Tennessee-Martin that was canceled Friday night will be made up Tuesday.
The game between defending OVC regular-season champion Southeast and defending OVC tournament champion UTM will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Houck Stadium.
-- From staff reports