- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
High school roundup: St. Vincent football team picks up home victory
The St. Vincent football team recorded its second victory Friday night. The Indians defeated Lift for Life 28-12 on their home field.
Alex Winkler rushed 24 times for 137 yards and two touchdowns for St. Vincent.
Winkler also had a 43-yard touchdown reception from quarterback Trent Elder -- his only catch of the game -- to open the scoring in the first quarter.
Winkler added another score in the second quarter on a 10-yard run.
St. Vincent (2-3) led 14-12 at halftime before shutting out Lift for Life 14-0 in the second half.
Winkler scored from six yards out in the third quarter and Elder added a 20-yard touchdown run in the fourth.
Elder finished with 82 yards rushing on 11 carries. He completed 3 of 10 passes for 71 yards.
Robbi Wingerter led the St. Vincent defense with six tackles while Levi Gotto and Vince King added four each.
Maplewood-Richmond Heights 49, Perryville 10
The Perryville football team dropped to 2-3 on the season with a 49-10 home loss to Class 2 power Maplewood.
|Bell City||10||13||24 Leopold||25||25||26|
Senior Allison Woodfin had 11 kills, five aces and 10 digs for Leopold (13-3-1). Caitlin Petty added 17 kills, 14 aces and four digs. Sydney Eeftink had 25 assists, two kills and three digs, while Denai Arnzen also had five kills and 11 digs.
|Eagle Ridge||25||25 Egyptian||17||12|
Eagle Ridge's Emily Jackson, Hannah Hess and Cierra Roth each had four kills in the sweep of the Pharaohs.
Callie Hefner also added four aces to help the Eagles improve to 15-3.
|Meadow Hts.||25||25 Zalma||17||21|
Kelsey Kennedy had four kills, 11 assists and seven aces to help the Panthers improve to 3-13-2.
Caitlyn Cook had six kills and six assists, while Morgan Politte added eight kills.
-- From staff reports