- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Jeweler: Buy a diamond, get a rifle
ATLANTA -- A jeweler in metro Atlanta is adding some bang to the bling.
Under a new promotion, customers who buy a diamond worth $2,499 or more from D. Geller and Son will get a voucher for a free hunting rifle.
Owner Mike Geller told WSB-TV he got the idea after seeing a similar offer at a Missouri car dealership. He said many of his customers are hunters.
Geller's stores are not handing out rifles at the counter. Customers must go to a local gun dealer to redeem the voucher and follow all laws governing the purchase of firearms.