- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Man steps outside Cape home, gets shot in ankle
Cape Girardeau police officers responded to a shooting early Saturday in the 1300 block of Big Bend Road. Officers arrived at the residence around 2:30 a.m. to find a 22-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his left ankle. The victim said he was visiting the residence when he went outside and was subsequently shot.
The victim said he ran back inside the house and had someone call 911. He also told police he did not see who shot him and that he was outside by himself.
No one else was injured, and the victim was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
A spokesman for the Cape Girardeau Police Department said the shooting is under investigation.
1300 Big Bend Road, Cape Girardeau, MO