- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Speak Out 9/24/12
The Jackson vs. Poplar Bluff game was excellent Sept. 14, but the best part of the game was at the end when both teams joined together in one huddle, knelt and prayed. That is the photo that should have made the paper.
Our society is seeing what happens when the people crying the loudest for tolerance about their religion, politics and beliefs are actually more intolerant of those with opposing views.
The animal control officer needs to visit the South West End Boulevard and Cousin Street area. I was driving to the store Monday and four little dogs were running in the street. Cars were slamming on their brakes trying to avoid them. I came back later and they were still out there. The poor dogs either are going to get killed or cause a wreck.
I opened my Missourian this morning to find, yet again, another mean-spirited cartoon about the president of the United States. I am well aware that your editorial policy is GOP all the way, but those of us not in agreement with you are getting sick and tired of your constant negativity in regard to the man who is our president.
The 53 percent
Mitt Romney is absolutely correct when he defined the Democrat base as those 47 percent looking for a government handout. Hopefully, the remaining 53 percent of us will vote for Romney and get our country moving back in the right direction.