- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Congratulations to Alma Schrader
How very proud I was Thursday morning as I attended Alma Schrader's Constitution Day and Heroes Recognition Assembly.
Ruth Ann Orr, Julia Unnerstall and the entire staff at Alma Schrader are to be congratulated and recognized for their visible and measurable efforts in educating our young children, instilling them with love of country!
Young lives are being shaped, changed, altered and influenced by the positive leadership I witnessed Thursday morning at this wonderful school.
Ruth Ann and Julia are a positive influence to these young lives as they prepare them to become the leaders of our city, state and nation.
Proud to see our mayor, Harry Rediger, and former mayor Jay Knudtson take such a visible and supportive role at Alma Schrader and to be leading by example.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau