- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Speak Out 9/21/12
After four days of being at the hospital dealing with the needs of my mother-in-law's health problems, I only have this to say: I am sick, tired and fed up with hearing her, my wife and myself being referred to as "sweetie," "honey" or "hon." Where I come from this is what the streetwalkers call their prospective customer. It's insulting, degrading and totally unacceptable to be called that by someone pretending to be educated and well-trained.
Here's some advice for the recent Speak Out caller asking what Jewish people are thinking: Ask some Jewish people. Israel has a variety of political factions, just like in America. Opposition to the policies of Benjamin Netanyahu's government doesn't make one anti-Isreal. It's wrong to assume that all American Jews automatically agree with those who currently hold power in Israel.
I am asking everyone who drives, please do not just check your outside mirror when changing lanes. They have written on them that objects are closer than appear for a reason. Always check your inside mirror and look over your shoulder before changing lanes, please. I have lost count of the times I have had to slam on the brakes to avoid a preventable accident due to the fact that someone has not made sure how close they were to the front of my truck or motorcycle. Also, please do not tailgate a motorcycle. If I went down you would run right over me, and do you think you could live with that for the rest of your life?