- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
The Southeast Missouri State University campus will be bustling this weekend as the university holds its annual Family Weekend.
The university has lined up several events for students and their parents over the next few days. Several festivities are scheduled for Saturday, including an Old Fashioned Backyard Picnic, River Campus and University Center activities and a football tailgate and game. To see a full schedule of Family Weekend activities, go to www.semo.edu/familyweekend.
While we hope students and parents consider participating in one or more of the university-sponsored events, Family Weekend is much more than a to-do list. It's a time for parents and their college students to reconnect.
The students, particularly freshmen, now enjoy more independence as they embrace college life. Nevertheless, parents still play an important role in the lives of their sons or daughters, and this weekend offers a good opportunity for visiting and family fun.
We welcome all the parents in town for the weekend. Cape Girardeau is a wonderful place, and we hope you enjoy your time here with your student.