- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mo. Senate candidates to debate in St. Louis area
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Missouri's U.S. Senate candidates are to meet in the St. Louis area for a debate.
Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill and her Republican challenger, congressman Todd Akin, have agreed to debate the evening of Oct. 18 at Clayton High School.
The debate is being sponsored by the Clayton Chamber of Commerce and hosted by television station KSDK, public radio station KWMU and the St. Louis Business Journal.
McCaskill and Akin also are to participate in a debate Friday in Columbia sponsored by the Missouri Press Association.
Details are still being negotiated for other potential debates in Kansas City and Springfield.