- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area digest 9/19/12
Bray wins at Junior Gateway tournament
Allison Bray of Cape Girardeau won the 14-and-under division at the Junior Gateway PGA event Sunday at Spencer T. Olin Golf Course in Alton, Ill. The 12-year-old Bray shot a 92 to win by 11 strokes.
Tindell, LeGrand claim horseshoe competition
Roy Tindell and Ron LeGrand won the 14-team SEMO Horseshoe Association event Saturday at the Scott City Knights of Columbus.
Jeff Miller and Joe Bean placed second, while Randy Senciboy and Lester Powell took third.
Perry Seys and Terrie Rose claimed first place in the 11-team competition Sunday at the Backyard Club.
Randy Grady and Diane Menz took second, while Bob Burnett and Carolyn Schreckenberg finished third.
The next competitions will be Saturday at the Leopold Knights of Columbus and Sunday at the Jackson Knights of Columbus.
L'Hote team wins March of Dimes tournament
The team of Donna Wheeler, Joyce Kuntze, Julie L'Hote and Vickie L'Hote shot a 55 to win the March of Dimes tournament Monday at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Sissy Donahue, Carol Weinrich, Kathy Raines and Sherre Simmons were a shot back in second. Jean Clements, Connie Nolan, Dawn Leible and Pam Cattoor were third at 57.
Amanda Starks, BobbiAnn Mason, Crystal Schafer and Cammie Seabaugh finished first in B flight with a 64. Wanda Verhines, Janet Verhines, Carolyn Barks and Elaine Hayden were first in C flight with a 71.
-- From staff reports