- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Speak Out 9/19/12
Christians are made fun of and vilified all the time in movies and television. God's name is used in vain constantly. The Obama administration has never said anything about that, but when a movie comes out that the Muslims do not like, they kill Americans.
When I purchased a motorcycle to drive on the street, I purchased: No. 1: insurance, No. 2: helmet, No. 3: license for my motorcycle, No. 4: motorcycle driver's license. And I attended a weekend class taught by the Cape Girardeau police. Why can't drivers of scooters do the same?
Someone urged us to make more use of sidewalks. Sidewalks are symbols of an overspending government because they are built with taxpayer money and not needed. We avoid them for ideological/political reasons.
This is regarding the boy who stole a 3-year-old's tractor in Oak Ridge. We know this person; we think this is the lowest of low. You are no good to steal from a 3-year-old girl so you can have your goat. We know who you are; we know you've been breaking into our shed and other places, and if your parents can't do anything and you can't see it to replace that little girl's tractor, we will see to it you are prosecuted. We will not have this in our community. If you cannot control yourselves, the community will. Thank you.