- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Nickell a man of integrity
I enjoyed reading the article on Dr. Frank Nickell, who was an inspiration to me and many students over the years. The single word to describe Dr. Nickell is integrity. Those who know Dr. Nickell are blessed to know such a man of integrity, honesty and honor, who is always the same to every person he meets and genuinely cares for people and their folk lore. My best wishes to a fine man, wonderful teacher and captivating speaker.
MARGARET CLINE HARMON, Zachary, LA.