- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
This was written by 10-year old Jeremy Mayhall, in 4th grade, for an assignment from his teacher. I thought you would like to see this, and perhaps share it with local troops...
I want to be in the navy when I grow up because it's what my mom's deceased brother and living dad did so I want to carry on the family legacy. I want to be in the navy to shoot the guns on the ships and protect my country's freedom because our freedom is very important to me and much more important than my life. On my list in my mind freedom is #1 and my life is #2. I am willing to die to protect our freedom. I will be a freedom fighter in the U.S. navy!