- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
This was written by 10-year old Jeremy Mayhall, in 4th grade, for an assignment from his teacher. I thought you would like to see this, and perhaps share it with local troops...
I want to be in the navy when I grow up because it's what my mom's deceased brother and living dad did so I want to carry on the family legacy. I want to be in the navy to shoot the guns on the ships and protect my country's freedom because our freedom is very important to me and much more important than my life. On my list in my mind freedom is #1 and my life is #2. I am willing to die to protect our freedom. I will be a freedom fighter in the U.S. navy!