- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
This was written by 10-year old Jeremy Mayhall, in 4th grade, for an assignment from his teacher. I thought you would like to see this, and perhaps share it with local troops...
I want to be in the navy when I grow up because it's what my mom's deceased brother and living dad did so I want to carry on the family legacy. I want to be in the navy to shoot the guns on the ships and protect my country's freedom because our freedom is very important to me and much more important than my life. On my list in my mind freedom is #1 and my life is #2. I am willing to die to protect our freedom. I will be a freedom fighter in the U.S. navy!