- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
This was written by 10-year old Jeremy Mayhall, in 4th grade, for an assignment from his teacher. I thought you would like to see this, and perhaps share it with local troops...
I want to be in the navy when I grow up because it's what my mom's deceased brother and living dad did so I want to carry on the family legacy. I want to be in the navy to shoot the guns on the ships and protect my country's freedom because our freedom is very important to me and much more important than my life. On my list in my mind freedom is #1 and my life is #2. I am willing to die to protect our freedom. I will be a freedom fighter in the U.S. navy!