- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
This was written by 10-year old Jeremy Mayhall, in 4th grade, for an assignment from his teacher. I thought you would like to see this, and perhaps share it with local troops...
I want to be in the navy when I grow up because it's what my mom's deceased brother and living dad did so I want to carry on the family legacy. I want to be in the navy to shoot the guns on the ships and protect my country's freedom because our freedom is very important to me and much more important than my life. On my list in my mind freedom is #1 and my life is #2. I am willing to die to protect our freedom. I will be a freedom fighter in the U.S. navy!