- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Tax deduction concerns
I have a question for people who are intelligent. Why do you say tax the rich? The rich aren't paying their full tax rate now. How can I say that? Politicians have built in deductions so they don't need to. This gets politicians money.
Romney said he paid 13 percent in 2010, not the top rate of 35 percent. Do any of you who pay income taxes not use your deductions? Does President Obama not use deductions? When he was a senator did he introduce a law or regulation to "not allow high income people tax deductions?"
The "Obamacare" exemptions he made was also done for votes. Why didn't he and Congress take "Obamacare" or Social Security or our retirement since it's so good?
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau