- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Tax deduction concerns
I have a question for people who are intelligent. Why do you say tax the rich? The rich aren't paying their full tax rate now. How can I say that? Politicians have built in deductions so they don't need to. This gets politicians money.
Romney said he paid 13 percent in 2010, not the top rate of 35 percent. Do any of you who pay income taxes not use your deductions? Does President Obama not use deductions? When he was a senator did he introduce a law or regulation to "not allow high income people tax deductions?"
The "Obamacare" exemptions he made was also done for votes. Why didn't he and Congress take "Obamacare" or Social Security or our retirement since it's so good?
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau