- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Tax deduction concerns
I have a question for people who are intelligent. Why do you say tax the rich? The rich aren't paying their full tax rate now. How can I say that? Politicians have built in deductions so they don't need to. This gets politicians money.
Romney said he paid 13 percent in 2010, not the top rate of 35 percent. Do any of you who pay income taxes not use your deductions? Does President Obama not use deductions? When he was a senator did he introduce a law or regulation to "not allow high income people tax deductions?"
The "Obamacare" exemptions he made was also done for votes. Why didn't he and Congress take "Obamacare" or Social Security or our retirement since it's so good?
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau