- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)1
Tax deduction concerns
I have a question for people who are intelligent. Why do you say tax the rich? The rich aren't paying their full tax rate now. How can I say that? Politicians have built in deductions so they don't need to. This gets politicians money.
Romney said he paid 13 percent in 2010, not the top rate of 35 percent. Do any of you who pay income taxes not use your deductions? Does President Obama not use deductions? When he was a senator did he introduce a law or regulation to "not allow high income people tax deductions?"
The "Obamacare" exemptions he made was also done for votes. Why didn't he and Congress take "Obamacare" or Social Security or our retirement since it's so good?
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau