- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
There's new leadership at the Show Me Center at Southeast Missouri State University. Wil Gorman was named director and Shannon Buford was hired as business manager.
Gorman previously served as project manager with DNC-Sportservice at Scottsdale Stadium in Arizona and Rangers Ballpark of Arlington, Texas. With management experience in several large markets, he brings a good deal of experience to the job.
Since 2011 Buford has served as educational director at Metro Business College in Cape Girardeau. Though starting a new position at the Show Me Center, Buford is not new to the facility. For six years he worked as the Show Me Center's marketing director. He's also a Southeast Missouri State University alumnus.
The Show Me Center is an important facility for the university, Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities. A number of athletic contests are held at the facility, as well as concerts, conventions and community events. This generates economic activity for the area, including our local restaurants, hotels and other businesses.
We congratulate Gorman and Buford on their new positions and look forward to the Show Me Center's continued success under their leadership.