- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)12
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
There's new leadership at the Show Me Center at Southeast Missouri State University. Wil Gorman was named director and Shannon Buford was hired as business manager.
Gorman previously served as project manager with DNC-Sportservice at Scottsdale Stadium in Arizona and Rangers Ballpark of Arlington, Texas. With management experience in several large markets, he brings a good deal of experience to the job.
Since 2011 Buford has served as educational director at Metro Business College in Cape Girardeau. Though starting a new position at the Show Me Center, Buford is not new to the facility. For six years he worked as the Show Me Center's marketing director. He's also a Southeast Missouri State University alumnus.
The Show Me Center is an important facility for the university, Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities. A number of athletic contests are held at the facility, as well as concerts, conventions and community events. This generates economic activity for the area, including our local restaurants, hotels and other businesses.
We congratulate Gorman and Buford on their new positions and look forward to the Show Me Center's continued success under their leadership.