- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
There's new leadership at the Show Me Center at Southeast Missouri State University. Wil Gorman was named director and Shannon Buford was hired as business manager.
Gorman previously served as project manager with DNC-Sportservice at Scottsdale Stadium in Arizona and Rangers Ballpark of Arlington, Texas. With management experience in several large markets, he brings a good deal of experience to the job.
Since 2011 Buford has served as educational director at Metro Business College in Cape Girardeau. Though starting a new position at the Show Me Center, Buford is not new to the facility. For six years he worked as the Show Me Center's marketing director. He's also a Southeast Missouri State University alumnus.
The Show Me Center is an important facility for the university, Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities. A number of athletic contests are held at the facility, as well as concerts, conventions and community events. This generates economic activity for the area, including our local restaurants, hotels and other businesses.
We congratulate Gorman and Buford on their new positions and look forward to the Show Me Center's continued success under their leadership.