- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
There's new leadership at the Show Me Center at Southeast Missouri State University. Wil Gorman was named director and Shannon Buford was hired as business manager.
Gorman previously served as project manager with DNC-Sportservice at Scottsdale Stadium in Arizona and Rangers Ballpark of Arlington, Texas. With management experience in several large markets, he brings a good deal of experience to the job.
Since 2011 Buford has served as educational director at Metro Business College in Cape Girardeau. Though starting a new position at the Show Me Center, Buford is not new to the facility. For six years he worked as the Show Me Center's marketing director. He's also a Southeast Missouri State University alumnus.
The Show Me Center is an important facility for the university, Cape Girardeau and the surrounding communities. A number of athletic contests are held at the facility, as well as concerts, conventions and community events. This generates economic activity for the area, including our local restaurants, hotels and other businesses.
We congratulate Gorman and Buford on their new positions and look forward to the Show Me Center's continued success under their leadership.