- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Motorcyclist injured in Broadway accident
EDITOR'S NOTE: Details of the accident have been corrected.
One man was taken to the hospital Saturday following the collision of an SUV and motorcycle at Broadway and Perry Avenue in Cape Girardeau.
Emergency crews responded to the intersection around 1:30 p.m. for a report of a man being thrown from his motorcycle. At the scene, the man's right leg and ankle were visibly lacerated after his motorcycle was apparently struck by a red GMC Jimmy traveling west on Broadway and slid into a traffic signal pole as he was attempting to make a left turn onto Perry Avenue. He was transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center. The female driver of the SUV was not injured.
Sgt. Brad Smith of the Cape Girardeau Police Department said the motorcyclist had been wearing a helmet and that no tickets had yet been issued because police were still investigating.
The injured man's name has not yet been released.
Broadway and Perry Avenue, Cape Girardeau, MO