- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sprigg - McDowell
Dr. Cynthia Susan Sprigg and Terry William McDowell were married Dec. 24, 2011, at the home of the groom, following an early supper at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Gary Rust and Christmas Eve service at La Croix United Methodist Church. The Rev. Ron Watts performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of the late Victor and Joan Oberbeck. McDowell is the son of JoAnn McDowell of Cape Girardeau, and the late Jerry Morton McDowell.
Matron of honor was Sara Tipton of Lebanon, Mo., daughter of the bride. Bridesmaids were Rachel Seabaugh of Hollister, Mo., and Hanna Sprigg of Laramie, Wyo., daughters of the bride.
Jon Rust of Cape Girardeau, nephew of the groom, was best man.
Flower girls were Yuliana and Katya Rust, daughters of Jon and Victoria Rust and great-nieces of the groom. Ringbearer was Caden Tipton, son of Brooks and Sara Tipton and grandson of the bride.
The reception was held at the McDowell home.
Dr. McDowell is a 1986 graduate of the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbia. She is owner of Cross Point Animal Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
McDowell did his undergraduate work at Southeast Missouri State University. He is a professional member of American Society of Interior Designers. He is a designer at Rust and Martin in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to St. Lucia British Virgin Island, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.