- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Myers - Newell
Lexie Jo Myers and Nathan Chad Newell were married Sept. 17, 2011, at New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson. The Rev. J. David Israel performed the ceremony. Pianist was Matt Yount of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Penny Myers of Oak Ridge and Greg Myers of Eminence, Mo. The groom is the son of Paul and Katrina Newell of Dyersburg, Tenn.
Maid of honor was Tiffany Myers of Springfield, Mo., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Alexia Sander and Deanna Snyder of Cape Girardeau, Katie Miesner of Frohna, Mo., Jennifer Nelson of St. Charles, Mo., Mindy Petzoldt of Jackson, and Laura Glueck of Jonesboro, Ark.
Mark Sander of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Brian Hawkins, Casey Newell, brother of the groom, both of Dyersburg, Nick Snyder of Cape Girardeau, Patrick McAndrew of St. Charles, Sidney Burks of Chaffee, Mo., and Jimmy Pleasant of Dyersburg. Ushers were Dillon Myers of Oak Ridge, brother of the bride; Jacob Rhodes of Wildwood, Mo., and Cody Hahs of Oak Ridge, cousins of the bride.
Candlelighters were Lori Newell of Dyersburg, sister of the groom; Kelly and Jessica Hahs of Oak Ridge, cousins of the bride.
Flower girls were Maura White, cousin of the groom; Taylor Kutz and Morgan Hahs, cousins of the bride. Ringbearers were Gabe White, cousin of the groom, and Carson Hahs, cousin of the bride. Maura and Gabe are children of Greg and Stephanie White of Sesser, Ill. Taylor is the daughter of Todd and Pam Kutz of Cape Girardeau. Morgan is the daughter of Keith and Erin Hahs of St. Mary, Mo. Carson is the son of Scott and Jill Hahs of Oak Ridge.
The reception was held at Ray's Plaza Conference Center in Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 16 at the center.
Mrs. Newell is a 2003 graduate of Oak Ridge High School. She received a degree in radiologic sciences from Southeast Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences in 2009. She is a registered radiologic technologist at Southeast Hospital.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Dyer County High School in Dyersburg. He received a degree in radiologic sciences from Southeast Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences in 2008. He is a registered radiologic technologist in vascular intervention at Southeast.
After a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple is residing in Jackson.